WELCOME TO THE HOME OF VALLEY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION!
This website serves all of the sports programs run by Valley Athletic Association. The purpose of VAA, as a non-profit, volunteer organization, is to benefit the youth in the communities of ISD 196 by providing a means of athletic and social development through organized sports. VAA’s goal is to recognize the importance of all participants and to conduct our programs in a manner that provides the opportunity for the development of all participants.
If your child is enrolled with any of the sports in our association you must create a User Account. This will allow you to interact with the information within our website. You can sign up for a User Account by clicking the "Create an Account" button to the right or the "Create an Account" link at the top of this page.
VAA Families and Volunteers:
At the outset, I would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we continue to move through COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, and we all work together to safely get our kids back on the fields and back in the gyms. We had to make the unfortunate decision to cancel nearly all of our spring and summer programs, but in follow-up to the State’s most recent “return to play” guidance and mask mandate, we are planning to proceed with all of our fall programs, including football, soccer, volleyball and cross country. Registration is open for tackle football, flag football, cross country and girls traveling volleyball, and we are looking forward to opening registration for soccer in the very near future. The sports may look slightly different, there will certainly be changes with how we watch games, and plans may change based upon updated guidance from the State. However, we look forward to a small degree of “normal” this fall. As we return to play, please review the VAA COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, which applies to VAA and all of its programs, and we also encourage you to review these basic guidelines:
1. Continue to social distance.
2. Please self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and do not participate in VAA activities if you are sick.
3. If a participant or volunteer exhibits signs and symptoms of COVID-19, they will be asked to leave the activity.
4. Participants, their families and volunteers should wash their hands at home prior to taking part in VAA activities.
5. Families are encouraged to provide hand sanitizer for their kids and to use hand sanitizer during activities when warranted.
6. Spectators, coaches and participants will be encouraged to wear masks or face coverings for outdoor activities, and for indoor activities, spectators, coaches and participants will be required to wear masks or face coverings that cover their nose and mouth, unless exempted by the State’s mask mandate. However, participants WILL NOT be required to wear a mask or face covering while practicing or playing.
7. Adhere to the rules of the facility or venue.
As our fall programs begin, we will also have sports-specific COVID-19 plans in place, which will be provided prior to the commencement of the season. The VAA Board has also adopted a “Waiver & Release of Liability for Participants,” which parents will be required to sign and return to their respective coach prior to the season.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Be well.
Jason Hill, VAA President